The aggravated sexual assault crimes are increasing day by day in Virginia. To control the factors of crimes, the government passed out many protective orders under the laws of Virginia. However, the authorities have claimed that the crime list of aggravated sexual assault cases is packed up with 50+ laws.
Though every assault is different, and for this, the government introduces different punishments accordingly. If a person found guilty in the charged of “forcibly” he/she should have to pay a considerable amount in the form of fine. Moreover, to this, there are many other crimes in which the abuser should have to go through in different punishments. Some will face the long years stay in prison, and some will face giving a huge amount of fine.
Top Aggravated Sexual Assaults Happening in Virginia
Crime “Attempted forcible sodomy“, Punishment in Virginia:
If a person found guilty of attempted forcible sodomy in Virginia, he/she could go through these factors:
- Punishment for staying in jail for up to 3-10 years
- Fined for up to $100,000
Crime “Adultery and fornication by persons forbidden to marry”, Punishment in Virginia:
In that case, that person who commits the crime will go through in three categories punishments.
- Category 1 misdemeanor — punishment for staying in jail up to 12 months and fine a charge of $2,500.
- Category 2 felony statutory (in this category, if a person commits to abuse offender’s child who is under the age of 18, will go through such punishments) — punishment for staying in jail up to 5-20 years and fine a charge of up to $100,000.
- Category 3 felony (in this category, if a person commits to abuse offender’s child below the age of 18) — punishment for staying in jail up to 1-10 years and fine a charge of $2,500.
Crime “Attempted Rape,” Punishment in Virginia:
If a person commits a crime of rape, he/she will go through such preferences:
- Punishment for staying in jail up to 2-10 years
- Fine a charge of $100,000.
- Crime “Attempted Sexual Battery,” Punishment in Virginia:
- In a crime of attempted sexual battery, a criminal could go through with such conditions:
- Punishment for staying in jail up to 12 months
- Fine a charge of $2,500.
Crime “Sexual abuse of a child under 15”, Punishment in Virginia:
Sexual abuse of a child is considered the most aggravated crime which is spreading rapidly. To protect the citizens of Virginia, the government passed such punishment to the abuser:
- Punishment in jail for up to 2-5years
- Fine a charge of $5000.
Crime “Taking indecent liberties with children,” Punishment in Virginia:
This is the case in which children may lose their lives permanently or even they go through severe mental health disorders. To protect their rights and lives, the Virginia government passed such laws to defend the children.
- Punishment for the abuse in prison for up to 2-10 years
- Fine a charge of up to $100,000.
However, the list isn’t even completed yet, the crimes rates in Virginia are possibly decreasing as compared to the previous years. Though, with the help of these laws, the people in Virginia have become more aware.